Desert Island Books
The Friends of Redland Library are hosting another Desert Island Books event on Thursday 13 September.
In Desert Island Books, a panel of interesting people select one book on the main theme for the event; and a second ‘wildcard book’, being a book that they have enjoyed and would recommend to others.
The theme for this event is “Books & Poetry” and the panel comprises:
• Clive Birnie (Publisher, Burning Eye Books)
• Miles Chambers (Bristol’s first Poet Laureate, performance poet, social commentator)
• Richard Jones (Publisher, Tangent Books)
• Dr Rebecca Kosick (Co-Director, Bristol Poetry Institute, University of Bristol)
• Vanessa Kisuule (Current Bristol City Poet 2018-2020).
Bristol has a vibrant poetry scene with regular poetry events arranged by Hammer & Tongue, Raise The Bar, Milk Poetry and others. A number of venues host regular poetry events, including The Crofters Rights, Smoke & Mirrors and the Watershed. There are a number of active publishers of poetry - including Burning Eye Books and Small Press plus nationally recognized poets coming from Bristol.
The event takes place at Redland Library, situated on Whiteladies Road, close to Clifton Down train station. Doors open at 6.45pm, the event starts at 7pm and admission costs £3.
Full details of this and future events can be found on the website FriendsOfRedlandLibrary.org.uk